A fresh strawberries pie prepared with a ready to use pie crust. Strawberries should be sweet and fresh. Smile, put some music on and let’s bake.
Recipe by John Roberts.
- 1 pie crust
- 1/2kg fresh strawberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstratch
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Bake the pastry for about 10-12 minutes.
- Arrange the strawberries in baked pastry shell. Mash remaining ones and combine with sugar in a saucepan. Bring the it to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Combine together cornstarch and water. Stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce heat and stire constantly for about 10 minutes. Pour mixture over strawberries in pastry shell.
- Chill before serving.
Preparation: 60 minutes